Uses of SMP
How Is Our SMP Performed
Our SMP is simple, affordable, and performed as Day Procedure. A proprietary formula of pigment (ink) is applied to the scalp with micro-fine needles using an electric device. Needle sizes, penetration depths, angles, pigment colors and distribution rates are selected carefully depending on the specific area of the scalp being treated at the time, the skin tone of the individual, and the desired final appearance. This is to create thousands of tiny impressions in giving the illusion of fuller hair in a balding scalp.
We use tested pigments that less likely to blur or fade overtime. The needles we use penetrate much deeper than other techniques for better and lasting result. Our staff has been fully trained overseas in the latest technique.
Who Should Consider SMP ?
SMP is suitable as an alternative to hair transplant for most types of hair loss in men and women. SMP can also be used to enhance the result of hair transplant, and to conceal any types of scalp scars. There are many good candidates for SMP:
1. Men who want to shave their head and appear like a full head of hair with a shaved scalp;
2. Many autoimmune disease patients who cannot have hair transplant (e.g. Alopecia Areata);
3. Patients who don’t want to have a transplant;
4. Patients who are not good candidates like depleted donor areas;
5. To compliment the result of hair transplant by adding "density";
6. In treating scars from previous hair transplants and for treating the old type of ‘plugs’;
7. Women with thinning hair are great candidates for this type of procedure.
Who Should Not Consider SMP ?
People with scalp acne or other skin sensitives like psoriasis should avoid getting SMP during a breakout or flare-up, as it will be difficult to apply pigment to the inflamed areas. Those prone to developing keloids may also not be a good candidate for SMP.