Eyebrow transplant can produce very natural looking result in the following conditions:
1. Scar Repair
• Thicken thin eyebrow
• Correct Birth defect
• Damage after removal of tattoo
• Scar caused by injury & surgery
2. Add-On Density
We can re-contour your eyebrows to shapes you want. Our Professional Beautician Poppy can assist you in designing a natural looking eyebrows.
Shapes in Women
Shapes in Men
The average length is 5.5cm in men and 5.0cm in women.
The maximum width is 1.5cm in men and 1.3cm in women.
Like a sword with a linear base. The upper part bowed with a pointed tail with many different shapes. The average distance between the medial brows is 2.3cm in both men and women. The entire brow in Asians is above the orbital rim; In Caucasians it is located below the orbital rim.
The caliber changes all along the eyebrow, thinner at the head and tail.
Natural directions of existing eyebrows must be taken into consideration when inserting grafts. At medial half most hairs point upward and laterally. There are at least 2 variances amongst individuals at outer half:
1. Hairs in upper and lower portion converge toward each other until the end of the tail, or
2. Hairs all point downward.
Eyebrow transplant was initially used to repair defect. There has been a surge of demand by both men and women in enhancing the shape and thickness of their normal eyebrow. However result from using the traditional technique was too "Flat" to meet their high expectations. We have therefore adopted a new 3-dimensional approach to mimic mother nature. Our technique pays meticulous attention to the Anatomy and Shape of a normal eyebrow. We pay attention to the individual differences between Eyebrow and Scalp Hair Characters
• Careful selection of matching donor hair, avoiding white and thick hair
• Mark the positions of the head, peak, and tail of the eyebrows according to patient's liking
• Ensure the patients agree with the eyebrow design
• Adjust the angle, orientation, and direction of insertion along the eyebrow for a 3D Effect
• Hair of different calibers are planted at different sites
• Follow our "Eyebrow Taming Protocol" to ensure transplanted hairs flow naturally.
How Many Grafts?
The total number of graft would depend on 3 factors :
• Density desired, usually 30 - 50 grafts per sq.cm
• Amount and quality of your existing eyebrow
• Length and width of your desired eyebrow to calculate the total areas
More is obviously required for males who wish to have thicker and wider eyebrows. In general 250 to 300 grafts are needed per side (500 to 600 for both sides) to rebuild an entire eyebrow of average density. Less if only part of the eyebrow needs to be repaired. More for those who prefer bushy eyebrow.
Where And How We Get the Grafts ?
We take the grafts from the mid-lower occipital area of the scalp, where the hairs are least likely to turn gray and have the best texture and curl. Scalp hair of similar caliber to the eyebrow hair would be chosen. The grafts can be harvested by FUT or FUE. Our doctor will discuss with you during the consultation.
What Grafts are Used
A graft is an intact piece of hair-follicle tissue to be implanted. We carefully choose hair to match the existing eyebrow. For the most natural-looking result, only 1-hair follicular units are used for the eyebrow.
• Those who desire a perfect result should first tattoo lightly the eyebrow shape to ensure symmetry. This service is included in our "Perfect Eyebrow Package" ( Read More ... ).
• Blood thinner such as Aspirin and Plavrix should be stopped a week before. Otherwise the transplanted area is prone to bleeding and bruising after the procedure.
• Keep some hair at the back of the head to cover the donor area
Pain Less Local Anesthesia
Our procedure is performed under local anesthesia with oral sedation. The use of the very fine 33G needle ( 0.2mm tip ) and a slow injecting technique are the keys to minimize discomfort during injection.
• Result of eyebrow is permanent
• The transplanted eyebrow will grow fast and requires regular trimming
• A touch-up in density may be required in 10% of cases
• Transplanted hair will turn gray or white on aging
• Bruising +/- swelling around the eyes may ocur and take 5-7 days to subside
No dressing is required. The areas should be kept moist the first 3 days. Follow-ups are scheduled the next day, after 1 week, and then after 3 months. Instruction would be given how to look after the transplanted hair. You can wash the face and shampoo after 1-2 days.
Smoking and Alcohol
Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages for the first two days after your procedure. Alcohol thins the blood and may cause bleeding or bruising. Please cut down on smoking for at least a week after your surgery. Too much nicotine will cut down on blood supply and affect graft survival.
When To Expect Seeing Result ?
In contrast to scalp hair transplant, most transplanted eyebrows do not shed and continue to grow. Good result in most cases can be seen after 4 months. We recommend to wait at least 6 months before considering any touch-up in density, if required
Trimming the Eyebrows
Normally, eyebrow hair stops growing when they are about 2 or 2,5 centimetre long. Since the transplanted hair is taken from the scalp, it acts as it is still on the head grows faster and longer than the original eyebrow hair. Therefore, you will need to trim them once or twice monthly. However after about 6 months, the transplanted hair will automatically slow down their growth. Trimming would then be less often.